The Bronx River Alliance serves as a coordinated voice for the river and works in harmonious partnership to protect, improve and restore the Bronx River corridor so that it can be a healthy ecological, recreational, educational and economic resource for the communities through which the river flows.
The Alliance’s Development and Communications Team leads the organization’s fundraising activities, applying to grant opportunities and organizing key fundraising events. In addition, the Development and Communications Team manages the Alliance’s communications and marketing platforms, connecting local residents with the programs managed by the organization.
The Bronx River Alliance is seeking a part-time Development and Communications Intern interested in developing professionals skills relating to nonprofit fundraising, marketing, and communications. The intern will help plan and execute the Alliance’s fundraising events and support the day-to-day operations of the development department. In addition, the intern will take
an active role in supporting the management of the Alliance’s communications platforms, including the organization’s new website. This part-time internship position will report to the Development and Communications Manager.
- Tracking incoming gifts from individual, corporate, and foundation donors using Salesforce, the Alliance’s Customer Relationship Management software (CRM)
- Supporting donor solicitation via email, mail, phone, etc
- Drafting acknowledgement letters and other key donor communications
- Providing key administrative and logistical support for the Alliance’s major fundraising events
- Managing day-to-day communications across the organization’s digital platforms, including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and the Alliance’s website, bronxriver.org
- Creating outreach materials such as flyers, calendars, etc.
- Assisting with adoption of industry standard digital marketing strategies, including Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Google Analytics
- Assisting with the development of email marketing campaigns
Monday – Friday 15 to 20 hours per week. Hours can be flexible depending on availability. Occasional weekends and weeknights.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and Adobe Suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced social media skills and experience with community management preferred
- Experience with SEO, Google Analytics preferred
- Photo and video editing skills preferred
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Awareness of database functioning with the willingness to learn our donor database
- Knowledge of nonprofit fundraising a plus but not required
- A passion for Environmental Justice and community organizing
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to Thomas Capozzi at firstname.lastname@example.org