Join the Natural Areas Conservancy and NYC Parks for Super Steward: Trail Maintainer training at Bronx Forest Park on Saturday, March 26.
During this training you will learn:
- How to navigate using Citywide Trails Team trail maps
- How to identify and assess trail conditions
- Ways to mitigate trail concerns
- Plant identification and invasive management techniques
- Standard trail corridor dimensions & how to prune native vegetation using basic arboriculture methods
All participants are encouraged to attend the Super Steward Orientation prior to training. You can register for the Super Steward Orientation on the NYC Parks Super Steward website (there is one every month): https://www.nycgovparks.org/reg/advanced-stewardship.
If you have any questions about this training or would like to learn more about NYC nature trails or the Super Steward: Trail Maintainer Program, please contact Trails Community Engagement Coordinator, Josh Otero at firstname.lastname@example.org.