JOB OPPORTUNITY: MANAGER OF INSTITUTIONAL GIVING
The Bronx River Alliance seeks a Manager of Institutional Giving to raise money from foundation and government sources for the Alliance’s programs and services. The Manager will report to the Director of Programs and Development in close coordination with the Executive Director. This is a full-time position; a part-time schedule may be considered for highly-experienced candidates.
- Manage the grant process, including writing grant proposals, reports and letters of inquiry, while tracking the funding cycle. Research and pursue new institutional funding prospects.
- Collaborate with program staff to develop compelling proposals.
- Track progress against fundraising goals and ensure timely renewals and reports.
- Maintain relationships with donors to communicate progress of programs and explore funding opportunities, and participate in direct solicitation meetings.
- Convey information about the Alliance to varied audiences, and contribute funder-oriented communications for our website, e-newsletter, and social media.
- At least 2 years grants management or writing experience in nonprofit organizations and/or government agencies or equivalent professional experience.
- Excellent writing and communications skills, as well as ability to understand and communicate budgets to funders.
- Ability to communicate and work with diverse constituents, including funders, program staff and board members.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be self-starting, think creatively, work quickly and under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, web-based applications, and social media; experience with fundraising software, especially Sage, a plus.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
About the Bronx River Alliance:
The Alliance serves as a coordinated voice for the river and works in partnership to protect, improve and restore the Bronx River corridor so that it can be a healthy ecological, recreational, educational and economic resource for the communities through which the river flows. The not-for-profit organization employs a staff of 20 and has a budget over $1.5 million. The Bronx River Alliance offers to its employees:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full benefits package
- A dynamic and collaborative work environment at an organization with a successful track record of restoring the Bronx River, developing parks and trails along it, and connecting local communities with this unique natural resource.
How to Apply:
Please email a resume, cover letter and writing sample to Maggie Greenfield at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 22, 2014. No calls or faxes, please.